[LLVMdev] [llvm-commits] [llvm] r172534 - /llvm/trunk/test/Transforms/LoopStrengthReduce/post-inc-icmpzero.ll

Andrew Trick atrick at apple.com
Mon Jan 21 11:49:11 PST 2013

Moving to llvmdev...

On Jan 21, 2013, at 11:37 AM, Nadav Rotem <nrotem at apple.com> wrote:

> Hi Manish,
>
> Thank you for looking at this. Recently opt started using the "-mtriple" command line flag to initialize the TargetMachine for IR-level transformations that use it. Currently only the following passes are using this feature: LSR, LowerSwitch, BBVectorizer and LoopVectorizer. If you look at the tests in LoopVectorize you will see that the target-dependent tests are in target-dependent directories.

The tests in the platform directories are fine. The question is what to do about all the tests in target-independent directories that have "target triple" in the bitcode. These tests don't use -mtriple. Instead, their behavior changes in subtle ways depending on which targets are built. It's certainly a confusing situation.

-Andy