[LLVMdev] local test-suite failures on linux

Redmond, Paul paul.redmond at intel.com
Sun Jan 20 11:50:42 PST 2013

Hi,

I figured out how to resolve the failures. I noticed that Mountain Lion
includes Bison 2.3 while Ubuntu 12.04 includes Bison 2.5. I installed
Bison 2.3 from source in Ubuntu and the failures went away.

I'm a little concerned that the bison version fixed all the failures I was
seeing. To my knowledge the only failing test that depended on bison was
Burg. It almost looks like one failure can cause unrelated tests to fail.

Any ideas?

paul