[LLVMdev] Embed LLVM/Clang in our project

Ashok Nalkund ashoknn at qti.qualcomm.com
Fri Jan 18 16:57:48 PST 2013

Hi All,
   We want to compile LLVM/Clang and use the resulting headers/libraries
in our project. But we compile it during out build process. I can build
LLVM/Clang by adding it to our cmakelists.txt but when our code tries to
use one of the headers (clang/CodeGen/ModuleBuilder.h), its not found as
it doesnt exist. If I do a 'make install' in the llvm directory, then
the file is generated in the LLVM_INSTALL_PREFIX directory. Is the 'make
install' step necessary even though I'm compiling llvm along with my code?

TIA,
ashok