[LLVMdev] Loads not hoisted out of the loop

Dimitri Tcaciuc dtcaciuc at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 09:11:08 PST 2013

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 6:36 AM, Krzysztof Parzyszek <
kparzysz at codeaurora.org> wrote:

> Since both "d->data" and "out->data" are both of type double, the
> type-based alias analysis won't help.

Right, I see. Is there any other way to solve this? As the last resort, I
was considering silently transforming each Array argument into separate
data and metadata arguments, but that would certainly add other
complications I'd rather avoid.

I was also think ing a hypothetical LLVM-based Fortran compiler would be
the model to aim for, where they have dimension-aware arrays that never
alias (AFAIK?). I wonder how one would solve that problem there.

Dimitri.