[LLVMdev] llvm print-memdeps segfault

Alexandru Ionut Diaconescu alexandruionutdiaconescu at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 02:17:22 PST 2013

UPDATE:

I used LLVM already existent passes with no problems till I tried to use
MemDepPrinter.cpp :
http://llvm.org/doxygen/MemDepPrinter_8cpp_source.html. I got the
segfault mentioned in the previous email.

As an update, the line problem is :

    MDA.getNonLocalPointerDependency(Loc, true, LI->getParent(), NLDI);

and not the 4 arguments are the problem. All of them are defined and I can
use them. I don't have the segfault if I eliminate the line.

I think the problem is defined in a comment :

    FIXME: Handle atomic/volatile loads.

Please tell me how can I solve the problem (maybe put a condition to avoid
atomic/volatile loads) or if the pass works fine for you and if so, how you
use it.

Thank you !