[LLVMdev] LLVM 3.2: conflict with Ubuntu 12.04's version 3.0 of LLVM

Alan Garny agarny at hellix.com
Wed Jan 16 09:33:08 PST 2013

Hi Paweł,

On 16 Jan 2013, at 18:23, Pawel Wodnicki <root at 32bitmicro.com> wrote:

> Alan,
>
>> I am working on a Qt project which relies on various plugins, one of which being an LLVM plugin which I build from the LLVM 3.2 source code. Everything works fine on Windows and OS X, but not on Ubuntu 12.04.
>
> Did you use configure/Make or CMake to build llvm-3.2?

I used CMake, but my own CMakeLists.txt file since I don't simply want a shared library, but a plugin (in the Qt sense). Also, I want things to work on Windows while LLVM (still) doesn't handle DLL imports/exports (so, yes, I use __declspec(dllexport) / __declspec(dllimport) on all the classes that I need for my project, and yes, it's a pain every time a new version of LLVM comes out… :)).

>> Basically, my application runs fine, but when I close it I get a "Segmentation fault (core dumped)". Debugging my application, I found out that, upon shutting down, my application tries to call Ubuntu's version of LLVM (see below for the debug trace). To convince myself that it was really the case, I sudo renamed Ubuntu's LLVM library and rerun my application. As expected, everything worked fine (i.e. no segmentation fault).
>
> You can use "ldd" command to see what shared libraries are linked into
> your application, please post what you find out.

I have checked all my libraries with ldd and only my LLVM plugin needs LLVM-related things, hence I am really puzzled indeed.

Alan