[LLVMdev] Requesting Feedback on my LLVM How-To

Sean Silva silvas at purdue.edu
Fri Jan 11 10:02:39 PST 2013

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 2:45 AM, Rick Mann <rmann at latencyzero.com> wrote:
> I didn't realize the API was still so much in flux. I guess the only way to deal with that is for automated builds to break and let us know.

FYI, the API is _always_ in flux; there is no sign of abatement.

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 2:45 AM, Rick Mann <rmann at latencyzero.com> wrote:
> I'll check those out. My personal blog is fairly permanent, but better it be served somewhere that has more than one person tending to it.

One major advantage of having it on github is for people to check out
the repo (for some reason this is a lot more appealing than just
downloading a tarball), and opening it up and hacking on it
themselves. Then they also might contribute back.

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 2:45 AM, Rick Mann <rmann at latencyzero.com> wrote:
> Undoubtedly the two (or more) aspects of this how-to can be separated, but sometimes an integrated example like this goes a long way toward fostering understanding.

I agree that it does help understanding. For now, it's probably best
to keep it together, and as the page grows it will become clearer
where to split the document.

-- Sean Silva