[LLVMdev] DebugInfo library and relocations in the .debug_line section

Eric Christopher echristo at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 07:56:54 PST 2013

On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 4:42 PM, Kaylor, Andrew <andrew.kaylor at intel.com>wrote:

>  Well, I saw the .debug_info.dwo stuff (though I didn’t realize it was so
> recent), but it wasn’t clear to me how adding a map for a section with a
> different purpose would work -- that is, whether it should be yet another
> member variable in DWARFContextInMemory or if there was some better way to
> combine them.****
>
> **

*shrug* I've been adding them as needed. I knew I needed the debug_line
table, but I've been mostly adding that stuff as I need it to fix something
else. Right now I think we're only going to ultimately need a couple of
them so just adding them as fields sounds fine.

> **
>
> It also wasn’t clear to me what the relocation map was doing anyway and
> what would need to be changed for the .debug_line section, but I suppose
> that was mostly laziness on my part, hoping that you had a plan that you
> could just spell out for me.****
>
> **

Oh sorry :)

> **
>
> Having overcome my laziness a bit today and looked at the code some more,
> it looks like I’d need to pass the new map (however it was stored) into
> DWARFDebugLine and have that class use it in its parseStatementTable and
> associated methods.  It looks like it would take a bit of thought to figure
> out which fields might be candidates for relocation and which wouldn’t, but
> I suppose that’s manageable.****
>
> ** **
>
> Does this sound basically correct?  Or should I just wait for you to do
> the work?

That's pretty much correct, I don't really need to dump the line tables at
the moment, but it shouldn't be too long if you're not in any hurry.

-eric