[LLVMdev] DebugInfo library and relocations in the .debug_line section

Kaylor, Andrew andrew.kaylor at intel.com
Wed Jan 9 16:53:54 PST 2013

I'm working on adding source-based profiling support for MCJIT and in the process of implementing this, I came across a test case where an object is being generated that wants to have relocations applied to the .debug_line section.  I see in the DebugInfo code that it currently only supports relocations applied to either the .debug_info or the .debug_info.dwo section.

Can anyone give me an overview of what I would need to do to extend this to handle the .debug_line section also?

Thanks,
Andy