[LLVMdev] ARM vectorizer cost model

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Wed Jan 9 06:32:57 PST 2013

Hi Nadav,

I'm interested in knowing how you'll work up the ARM cost model and how
easy it'd be to split the work.

As far as I can see, LoopVectorizationCostModel is the class that does all
the work, with assistance from the target transform info.

Do you think that updating ARMTTI would be the best course of action now,
and inspect the differences in the CostModel later?

I also haven't seen anything related to context switches and pipeline
decisions on the cost model, another issue that will be quite different
between targets and sub-targets (especially in ARM world). But that can
wait...

cheers,
--renato