[LLVMdev] Using C++'11 language features in LLVM itself

greened at obbligato.org greened at obbligato.org
Tue Jan 8 20:33:26 PST 2013

Chris Lattner <clattner at apple.com> writes:

> One other specific problem with this is that (I'm told) MSVC 2010
> doesn't support range-based for loops.  I don't think it is reasonable
> to require windows users to be on MSVC 2012.

That's _really_ unfortunate.  I've found range-based for gets one
thinking a different way about how to present data.  The range concept
tends to propagate and lots of potential bug sites get cleaned up.  It
can be done incrementally with no problem, but the exercise of
converting a class to provide a range interface is quite instructive.

                          -David