[LLVMdev] ARM failures

David Blaikie dblaikie at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 09:13:03 PST 2013

On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 9:03 AM, Renato Golin <renato.golin at linaro.org> wrote:
> On 8 January 2013 16:58, David Blaikie <dblaikie at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> If the bot isn't configured to send fail-mail to the blame list,
>> people probably won't notice. That's how the buildmaster/bots ended up
>> in the rather multicolored state they are in now.
>

> I'm supposing this is done in Zorg... ;)

Yes - again, patches welcome :)

>> Specifically replying to the -commits mailing that committed the break
>> is the most useful - it provides the context & keeps the discussion
>> close to the code that it's related to.
>

> Yup, will do.
>

>> Are you the owner (or at least a strongly invested party) in this bot,
>> or just interested in getting bots green generally? Do you know who
>> the owner is?
>

> I'm not the owner, but certainly a very interested party. I know other
> people are also monitoring this bot for failures, only less verbose than I
> am. I could be wrong, but I think Galina is the owner.

Galina manages/monitors the lab as a whole, but generally each slave
is contributed along with a builder task to run on it by someone who
cares about that particular workload.

Though, indeed, in this case it looks like Galina introduced this in
https://llvm.org/viewvc/llvm-project?view=rev&revision=132144 (& not
via a patch contribution, so far as I can tell from the commit list,
etc)

Galina - are you actively interested in the state of this builder?
Is there someone else in the community who contributed it/is invested
in ensuring that it passes?
Should we add fail-mail for this builder so that the people
contributing these patches would know about the breakage?