[LLVMdev] Profile Test Failures

dag at cray.com dag at cray.com
Tue Jan 8 08:18:55 PST 2013

I'm trying to validate some changes to send to trunk and I'm getting a
bunch of test failures like this:

 Error opening
 '/ptmp/dag/build/llvm/staging/debug/Debug+Asserts/lib/libprofile_rt.so':
 /ptmp/dag/build/llvm/staging/debug/Debug+Asserts/lib/libprofile_rt.so:

Indeed there is no libprofile_rt.so.  When I build from trunk, I don't
see these errors and I don't see anything in the build that talks about
profiling at all.

In contrast, in the tree with changes I see things like:

llvm[2]: Compiling PathProfileInfo.cpp for Debug+Asserts build

I did muck around a bit with configure.ac so I suppose I might have
tripped something and enabled some kind of additional profile library
build.

Has anyone seen this before, or can someone help me understand what is
going on?

Thanks!

                            -David