[LLVMdev] Does LLVM sign ARM ELFs?

Tim Northover t.p.northover at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 12:09:16 PST 2013

Hi Greg,

> The goal is GAS compatibility, right?  Not UAL?  Or is there a hope to
> make both work?

I think UAL is mostly concerned about the mnemonics and actual
instructions accepted -- and GAS tries to stick to it, so there
shouldn't be many barriers to both working.

Off the top of my head, I know that the alignment specifiers for
certain instructions are different in GAS and UAL (though I believe
we're actually in the process of making GAS syntax blessed, if not
canonical, anyway); and possibly '#' for immediates, though I couldn't
find any actual documents requiring it in a quick search.

Tim