[LLVMdev] Auto-generating c++ API from bitcode

Tim Northover t.p.northover at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 11:18:05 PST 2013

Hi Ashish,

> This used to work with 2.3 release (I guess).
> With the current release, it is unable to figure out architecture "cpp"

That's a big gap! Regardless, it should still work exactly as you're
trying to do. It does on my local builds.

> am doing something wrong? is there other way to achieve this?

Could you tell us how you're building LLVM? (I.e. cmake or configure
command-line). It's possible you're disabling the cpp backend without
realising it.

Of course, it's also worth trying a completely fresh build directory
and making sure you don't give any suspicious arguments to the build
system. Especially if your current directory is a hold-over from some
build of version 2.3. Goodness knows what's happened in that time.

Cheers.

Tim.