[LLVMdev] Parallel Loop Metadata

Pekka Jääskeläinen pekka.jaaskelainen at tut.fi
Thu Feb 21 13:10:57 PST 2013

On 02/21/2013 10:12 PM, Redmond, Paul wrote:
> I've attached some IR which shows what I'm asking about. If you run this
> through opt "inner" will be inlined and both loops in "outer" will have the
> same loop id metadata..

In your test case the two loops illegally share a loop id MD (!0) the first
place, thus the bug is in the producer of the loop MD that created that
loop metadata.

The idea of the loop ID metadata is that it truly is a unique MDNode per
loop, *universally* (stay unique even after Module linkage). I.e., you
need to create a new self-referential ID metadata for each loop.

--
--Pekka