[LLVMdev] implicit register usage

reed kotler rkotler at mips.com
Tue Feb 19 19:14:17 PST 2013

Hi Jim,

One thing that seems strange to me is that if do a BuildMI, if you put a
register inside the first parens, then it will treat it as a def, but if
you just .addReg it won't (by default), even though it should know from
the instruction definition.

Seems like it should do that.

Why would you want it to not do that?

Reed