[LLVMdev] ARM LNT test-suite Buildbot

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Tue Feb 19 07:36:11 PST 2013

On 19 February 2013 15:16, Arnold Schwaighofer <aschwaighofer at apple.com>wrote:

> Do you have a base run with vectorization turned off? So we could see
> where we are degrading things?

I wanted to, but after a few failed attempts, I couldn't pass the option to
clang to disable vectorization. I don't want to make Galina reconfig the
master every time, so I set up a master on my own laptop and will fiddle.
But the fastest way I can test, for now, is to run the LNT tests manually
with and without vectorization and compare.

I'm not expecting many issues with vectorization, to be honest, but you
never know... ;)

When you say good results, I take it you mean successfully completing the
> test, not execution time of the resulting binary? Or did you do an analysis
> of performance, too?

Good results because this is the first public test-suite for ARM and we
only had 19 errors out of 1104!! And 8 of them are "expected", so it's
about 1% or failures.

The non-EH problems should be either mechanical changes on tests, or simple
fixes in LLVM, so I'm not expecting a lot of work to get the LNT on the
same state on ARM than x86.

I'm not checking performance yet, but the data is being collected here
http://llvm.org/perf/db_default/v4/nts/machine/10 and should give us some
idea on how to proceed from now on on performance measurements.

For now, I'm interested in correctness, so I won't worry too much with
those numbers (I've heard I should disable some Turbo mode to make more
predictable results, though I only saw one test running at a time, so maybe
it was off).

Once we have an acceptable state (mostly green, except EH), I'll start
worrying about performance.

cheers,
--renato