[LLVMdev] ARM LNT test-suite Buildbot

Tim Northover t.p.northover at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 06:04:03 PST 2013

Hi Renato,

I've investigated a few of these for AArch64 recently, and some of the
results will be applicable in the 32-bit world too.

> MultiSource/Benchmarks/McCat/12-IOtest/iotest.execution_time

This is because of disagreement between ABIs over whether "char" is
signed. ARM says no, x86 says yes.

> MultiSource/Benchmarks/MiBench/automotive-bitcount/automotive-bitcount.execution_time

This is also failing on x86, I think
(http://lab.llvm.org:8011/builders/clang-x86_64-debian-fnt/builds/14868/steps/make.test-suite/logs/fail.LLC)

> MultiSource/Benchmarks/MiBench/telecomm-FFT/telecomm-fft.execution_time
> MultiSource/Benchmarks/Ptrdist/anagram/anagram.execution_time (8 of
> SingleSource/Benchmarks/BenchmarkGame/puzzle.execution_time

I've also seen failures on these with x86, though they seem to be
passing on the bot I linked to. I think I tracked down the last to a
dependence on the exact output of the C library's random number
generator, which is obviously non-portable.

Tim.