[LLVMdev] [RFC] NoBuiltin Attribute

Krzysztof Parzyszek kparzysz at codeaurora.org
Mon Feb 18 20:10:34 PST 2013

On 2/18/2013 8:08 PM, Chris Lattner wrote:

> That code is presumably compiled by someone.  If whoever compiles it specifies -fno-builtin, the attribute would be added to it.  It doesn't affect its clients.

I thought that no-builtin attached to foo means that foo should not be
considered a builtin function.  For example, if someone wrote their own
printf, they may want to mark it as no-builtin so that the compiler
doesn't assume it's the printf from libc.

What does it mean in LLVM?

-Krzysztof

hosted by The Linux Foundation