[LLVMdev] llvm-dwarfdump and eh_frame

Erik Verbruggen erikjv at me.com
Mon Feb 18 08:16:48 PST 2013

On Feb 11, 2013, at 18:13, Eli Bendersky <eliben at google.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 2:50 PM, Erik Verbruggen <erikjv at me.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I noticed that llvm-dwarfdump does not show any information about the eh_frame section. While DWARFContext::getDebugAranges explicitly tries to parse it, it fails because the DWARFContextInMemory constructor does not check for that specific section name. A fix would be to check wether the name is "debug_frame" or "eh_frame". If this is correct, should I submit a smallish patch, or could somebody else fix it, or can I just commit the change to svn?
>>

> Please submit a patch to llvm-commits, with a test case that exercises the fix.
>
> Eli

Before I submit the patch, I was wondering if it would be better to add a -eh-frame option to llvm-dwarfdump, like in the dwarfdump utility. Otherwise the eh_frame section would be treaded as a debug_frame section. What do you think?

Also, how can I do a partial match on the output of dwarfdump/FileCheck? For example:
	pc=00527a01...08598611
.. is in the output, but the exact pc addresses do not matter when checking whether a line is in the output or not.

-- Erik.