[LLVMdev] RE : Is there any llvm neon intrinsic that maps to vmla.f32 instruction ?

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Fri Feb 15 08:16:56 PST 2013

On 15 February 2013 16:00, Sebastien DELDON-GNB <sebastien.deldon at st.com>wrote:

> to which I added –mattr=-vmlx-forwarding to disable vmlx forwarding for
> cortex-a9.
>
> When I DISABLE vmlx forwarding I’m observing a 7% speed-up on ref dataset
> for MILC. So I’m observing something similar to what I’ve observed on STE
> platform available on SNOWBALL board.

Hi Seb,

Thanks for doing this, as we expected, it's a general A9 issue. Ok, now we
need to get the LNT going. Have you ever done that? It's quite simple.

Just follow this guide:
http://llvm.org/docs/lnt/quickstart.html

Optionally, compile LLVM+Clang and use the attached run.sh file to run the
LNT (changing the paths accordingly).

That should take a few hours and, if you have the Perf server running, will
allow you to run it twice (with and without vmlx) and compare the results.

cheers,
--renato