[LLVMdev] RE : Is there any llvm neon intrinsic that maps to vmla.f32 instruction ?

Sebastien DELDON-GNB sebastien.deldon at st.com
Fri Feb 15 08:00:57 PST 2013

Hi Lang & Renato,

I eventually set up a panda board with latest linaro delivery (eabi-hf). I did some experiments using my own compiler and LLVM 3.2 as back-end.
I use same flagset for my compiler (front-end) and just invoke llc with and without vmlx-forwarding attribute. So base arguments to llc are:

llc  -march=arm -mcpu=cortex-a9 -mattr=+neon -float-abi=hard

to which I added -mattr=-vmlx-forwarding to disable vmlx forwarding for cortex-a9.
When I DISABLE vmlx forwarding I'm observing a 7% speed-up on ref dataset for MILC. So I'm observing something similar to what I've observed on STE platform available on SNOWBALL board.

Hope this helps
Best Regards
Seb