[LLVMdev] GCMetadataPrinter::finishAssembly not executed?

Yiannis Tsiouris gtsiour at softlab.ntua.gr
Thu Feb 14 12:04:04 PST 2013

Sorry for the triple-posting! :-$

On 02/14/2013 04:30 PM, Yiannis Tsiouris wrote:
> On 02/10/2013 08:47 PM, Yiannis Tsiouris wrote:
>> After rebasing my local LLVM repo to ToT, I noticed that the
>> finishAssembly function is not executed and, thus, the stack map is not
>> printed at all.
>>
>> Is this a known issue or I 'm doing something wrong?
>>
>> I used a custom GCMetadataPrinter plugin but I reproduced this using the
>> builtin "ocaml" GC plugin and the attached file (actually, any simple ll
>> file that uses "ocaml" gc is fine).
>>
>> Note: The beginAssembly function works great.
> I've tried adding two debug prints in
> lib/CodeGen/AsmPrinter/OcamlGCPrinter.cpp: one in beginAssembly and
> one in finishAssembly. It seems to me that finishAssembly is never
> called.

I used git bisect and I think the commit that is responsible for this is:

 > d1abec365aa89a8497d9b615ccb4b21c72da9447 is the first bad commit
 > commit d1abec365aa89a8497d9b615ccb4b21c72da9447
 > Author: Pedro Artigas <partigas at apple.com>
 > Date:   Wed Dec 5 17:12:22 2012 +0000
 >
 >    - Added calls to doInitialization/doFinalization to immutable passes
 >    - fixed ordering of calls to doFinalization to be the reverse of
the pass run order due to potential dependencies
 >    - fixed machine module info to operate in the
doInitialization/doFinalization model, also fixes some FIXMEs

 >    reviewed by Evan Cheng <evan.cheng at apple.com>
 >

 >    git-svn-id: https://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/llvm/trunk@169391
91177308-0d34-0410-b5e6-96231b3b80d8

Evan or Pedro, can you please take a look at this? :-)

Thanks!
yiannis

--
Yiannis Tsiouris