[LLVMdev] Overhauling the command-line processing/codegen options code

Daniel Liew daniel.liew at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Feb 13 14:36:09 PST 2013

On 13 February 2013 19:37, Justin Holewinski
<justin.holewinski at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is anyone currently working on overhauling the command-line processing code?

I'm currently doing some work on the CommandLine library but I don't
think my work is going to help you. I'm current working on...

- Allowing declared command line options to be put into categories to
allow a categorised --help for tools
- Providing an iterator so that clients can iterate through registered
command line options and programmatically hide options.

I did send out an e-mail about the idea last week (
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvmdev/2013-February/059129.html )
but didn't hear anything back so assumed there were no objections to
the idea.

I'll keep an eye on this thread though.

Regards,
Dan Liew.