[LLVMdev] Parallel Loop Metadata

Nadav Rotem nrotem at apple.com
Tue Feb 12 10:12:54 PST 2013

On Feb 12, 2013, at 9:02 AM, Tobias Grosser <tobias at grosser.es> wrote:

> On 02/12/2013 05:54 PM, Nadav Rotem wrote:
>>
>>> I have the feeling option 2) does not work for you, but I don't yet understand your reasons.
>>
>> My inclination to prefer #1 is due to its simplicity. But, if #1 does not work because it creates a correctness problems then #2 is the only option that is left on the table.
>
> Unfortunately. :-(
>
> Does your reply mean you agree that option 2) should be taken?

Yes. I think that there is a consensus that this is the right approach.

> In case you do, how should we proceed? Should Pekka submit his patch for a final pre-commit review?

I think so. Pekka's patch from Jan 31st looks good to me.  The is bug in the metadata handling in the vectorizer that we don't check that the load/store annotation matches the loop metadata.

> If option 2) is OK, Paul could also try to produce this metadate from his #pragma ivdep parser.

That would be wonderful.

Thanks,
Nadav