[LLVMdev] metadata as function arguments

Niko Zarzani koni10 at hotmail.it
Mon Feb 11 14:58:33 PST 2013

> > I have written them by hand in the .s file in the same way of the IR
> > reference (http://llvm.org/docs/LangRef.html#named-metadata) :
> >
> > define i32 @function(i32 %argInt, metadata !3) nounwind {
>
> This seems wrong. "metadata" is a type (like i32), and the exclamation
> mark is only used to refer to metadata nodes, not to declare functions
> with them.

I'm only interested in attaching a metadata string to a function with wirtten its precondition...Since here in the IR reference (http://llvm.org/docs/LangRef.html#metadata-nodes-and-metadata-strings) there is written:
Metadata can be used as function arguments. Here llvm.dbg.value function is using two metadata arguments:call void @llvm.dbg.value(metadata !24, i64 0, metadata !25)
I thought that maybe writing them as a function argument and then reading them could work... there is any other way to do that?Thank you :)
Niko