[LLVMdev] llvm installation

Justin Holewinski justin.holewinski at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 05:53:46 PST 2013

configure:12131: $? = 0
configure:12145: result: yes
configure:12157: checking tool compatibility
configure:12180: error: g++|clang++|icc required but not found

configure can't find a c++ compiler.  On Ubuntu, please install g++ (sudo
apt-get install g++).

This error should have been written to your console when you ran configure.

On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 8:35 AM, Manoj C <manoj.chinthala at gmail.com> wrote:

> hello sir,
>           i am using llvm compiler for my project.i an doing llvm
> installation.i followed all the steps in the llvm website but after running
> this command
>
> ../llvm/configure --enable-targets=host-only  it executed but it didnt
> create any make file in build directory ,only config.log file is appeared
> after running this command.
>
> after running the later command it is showing like this
> manoj at ubuntu:~/Desktop/LLVM/
> build$ make -j 4
> make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop
>
> please help me to finish installation. i am running installation in
> ubuntu os.
>
> here is the config.log file ...

Thanks,

Justin Holewinski