[LLVMdev] [cfe-dev] Integrated ARM assembler

Tim Northover t.p.northover at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 13:56:57 PST 2013

Hi Greg,

I'd also like to see the integrated assembler enabled, though I'm only
very weakly connected to the 32-bit backend.

> 1) The assembly parser does not parse the ARM-ELF directives.

Renato asked about inline assembly here, but I think the key question
is over the directives LLVM itself decides to generate as a result of
Clang invocations. I had a very brief encounter last year which
suggested this path was in place.

Is there anything you're aware of that's missing along that route? If
there is, I think there's a good chance we can invest some time in
fixing it.

In general terms, I'd like to see integrated-as enabled as soon as it
reasonably can be. Relying on gas is icky. Does anyone know of actual
clang regressions that would be triggered?

Cheers.

Tim