[LLVMdev] The future of class2llvm tool

Владимир Макогон makovovan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 01:05:59 PST 2013

Hello!

Recently I found an interesting tool within java front end of llvm project.
It is "class2llvm".
My future researchs showed that this tool is much out of date and needs a
lot of things to do for its completion.
As far as I understood, It doesn't support even such elementary things as
exceptions handling and garbage collection.
Am I right in my conclusions?

Could you answer such questions:
1) What is the future of this project? Do the LLVM Project developers have
plans to develop it or "Java front end" with "class2llvm" tool live the
last days? If it has a future, when it will being developed again?
2) Will it support dalvik bytecode?

Any help would greatly appreciated.
Sorry if I came to the wrong shop. :)

With best regards,