[LLVMdev] configure with new target

Ahmed Bougacha ahmed.bougacha at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 07:12:26 PST 2013

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 4:01 PM, Tom Stellard <tom at stellard.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 01, 2013 at 04:43:59PM +0200, Vadim Khoptynets wrote:
>> Hello everyone!
>>
>> I've started to implement a ColdFire backend, but there are some troubles
>> during configuring:
>>
>> $ ../llvm/configure --enable-targets=x86,x86_64,coldfire
>> checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... no
>> configure: error: Unrecognized target coldfire
>> configure: error: ../../../llvm/projects/sample/configure failed for
>> projects/sample
>>
>> I've added ColdFire to :
>> 1) TARGETS_TO_BUILD variable
>> 2) 'case "$a_target" in'
>> 3) 'case "$llvm_cv_target_arch" in'
>> 4) 'case $target in'
>> 5) to 'case $host in'
>>
>>   but it looks like more changes are needed.
>>
>> Could someone, please, advise me?
>>

> Did you also update the configure.ac script in projects/sample/autoconf ?

llvm-build is used when ./configure-ing, right? Because when using
CMake, I also had to add the target to the subdirectory list in
lib/Target/LLVMBuild.txt.

By the way, this is the only problem I encountered with out-of-tree
targets: you can't just clone a target in lib/Target (or even
projects/) and get going, you also have to add it to LLVMBuild.txt. Or
maybe I missed something?

-- Ahmed Bougacha