[LLVMdev] [LLVM] What has happened to LLVM bitcode archive support?

Daniel Liew daniel.liew at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Dec 20 14:30:22 PST 2013

> I would suggest for now building the archive with gnu ar and the
> plugin, that way you have an index and don't need to read all members.

Thanks for the suggestion.I'll check out [1]. It would be definitely
be faster using LLVMGold.so with ar but to be honest I'd rather take a
small performance hit but make life much easier for our users at the
moment because the build process for our tool is already very
complicated. I'll definitely have a play with LLVMGold though as I've
always wanted to give LTO a go. Within a few releases of LLVM
hopefully lld will have the features I need :)

Thanks for all your help.

[1] http://llvm.org/docs/GoldPlugin.html

Cheers,
Dan Liew.