[LLVMdev] LLVM ARM VMLA instruction

suyog sarda sardask01 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 00:01:39 PST 2013

Hi,

I was going through Code of LLVM instruction code generation for ARM. I
came across VMLA instruction hazards (Floating point multiply and
accumulate). I was comparing assembly code emitted by LLVM and GCC, where i
saw that GCC was happily using VMLA instruction for floating point while
LLVM never used it, instead it used a pair of VMUL and VADD instruction.

I wanted to know if there is any way in which these VMLA hazards can be
ignored and make LLVM to emit VMLA instructions? Is there any command line
option/compiler switch/FLAG for doing this? I tried '-ffast-math' but it
didn't work.

--
With regards,
Suyog