[LLVMdev] [cfe-dev] LLVM 3.4 Branch Freeze

Hal Finkel hfinkel at anl.gov
Tue Dec 17 15:36:21 PST 2013

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Bill Wendling" <isanbard at gmail.com>

Almost all of them, and several different tools, as it turns out. Regarding whether these bugs occur in human-written code, I'd like to point out that Kay Tiong Khoo has been auditing many bugs that have been recently fixed (or hidden) by some unknown change. He's bisected a fair number of them down to fixes to other bugs. It might be interested to see how many of those were reported based on human-written code.

Regardless, I'd much rather fix a bug with a 40-line computer-generated test case, than in a million-line human-generated codebase ;)

 -Hal

--
Hal Finkel
Assistant Computational Scientist