[LLVMdev] [cfe-dev] LLVM 3.4 Branch Freeze

Anton Korobeynikov anton at korobeynikov.info
Fri Dec 13 01:24:38 PST 2013

The usual procedure is to make time-based releases. So - "release
trunk and make sure it's stable enough" plus - fix any outstanding
regressions.

There is some text wrt this:
http://llvm.org/docs/HowToReleaseLLVM.html#release-qualification-criteria

On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 11:08 AM, "C. Bergström"
<cbergstrom at pathscale.com> wrote:
> On 12/13/13 01:58 PM, Bill Wendling wrote:
>>
>> That’s a long laundry list of bugs there. It would be great to have them
>> fixed, but the reality of the situation is that they won’t be fixed for
>> weeks or more, if at all. And with Christmas coming up, it makes things even
>> worse. There are a few days before Phase III starts to have some progress on
>> them. But if they don’t make it, then we’ll have to release without them.
>
> How is the release schedule and blockers decided - is there a policy? As an
> open source project it seems sorta weird (to me) that rushing a release is
> more important than "getting it right" - granted if it's unlikely any fix
> date I can totally see your point..
> ---------
> (bw - You do an awesome job of being release manager and please don't take
> this as a critique - just curious)

With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov