[LLVMdev] [cfe-dev] ARM Integrated Assembler

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Tue Dec 10 07:38:58 PST 2013

On 10 December 2013 15:26, Tim Northover <t.p.northover at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a PR for this? We should link it to one of the issues that
> exist for integrated-as.

Or create a new one. If you use "arm integrated assembler" in the
subject line, we can make a filter for all of them.

> I disagree. It's nice and probably should be a priority to fix, but
> it's not the standard use-situation for Clang.

We have just moved to 3.5svn, and there will be a good number of
months to clear the most egregious bugs in the integrated assembler.
There are also a good number of people working on that right now, so I
don't expect those matters to be forgotten easily.

We tried to do the same last year but there were even more serious
bugs in the IAS. Now, we can run the tests, the test-suite,
benchmarks, large programs (such as Chromium) and so on. It seems to
be the perfect time to not forget about this, but to also have a
smaller number of critical bugs to fix before the next release.

cheers,
--renato