[LLVMdev] Reflexions about a new HDL language

David Chisnall David.Chisnall at cl.cam.ac.uk
Fri Aug 30 02:59:34 PDT 2013

If you're designing a new high-level HDL, then it would be a good idea to familiarise yourself with the state of the art in this area (e.g. Bluespec System Verilog, Symbolics Processor Designer, and similar tools).  Starting from comparisons to VHDL and Verilog is like designing a new high-level programming language today that is designed to be a better high-level programming language that is supposed to provide better rapid development support than Fortran 77 and C89.

David