[LLVMdev] Reflexions about a new HDL language

Jonas Baggett jonasb at tranquille.ch
Fri Aug 30 02:12:27 PDT 2013

Hello,

I previously sent this message, but it was in HTML only, so it was
unreadable.
I am thinking about making a compiler for a new HDL language, that will
be more modern than VHDL and Verilog and allow a little higher level
behavioral description than VHDL. For this language, I am beeing
influenced by VHDL, Ada, Ruby and MyHDL. I also would like to write it
in Ada.
I don't know if it is a project that I will abandon as fast as it popped
up in my mind, or not :-) . Anyways, here are my primilary reflexions
for this new language : http://www.sendspace.com/file/o8tmz0

What are your feedbacks ?

PS : Next week, I will be on vacation for 3 mounths, so I may have
irregular access to the internet.

Cheers,
Jonas