[LLVMdev] COFF.h and windows.h conflict

Nick Kledzik kledzik at apple.com
Wed Aug 28 23:05:21 PDT 2013

In the Windows SDK headers, is the IMAGE_* defines in a separate file (e.g. winint.h)?  Does the file have a guard against multiple inclusion?  If so (and the guard was named _WINNT_H_), perhaps you can do something like:

#define _WINNT_H_
#include <windows.h>

So you would get everything except those file format defines.  Of course, this would fail if other parts of the windows header rely on stuff declared in the the file being excluded.

Alternately, could you include the lower level windows headers rather than the top level windows.h (e.g #include <winbase.h> but not <windows.h>)

[I've never done Windows development, so I'm just stabbing in the dark here]

-Nick