[LLVMdev] LLVM Disassembler question

James Courtier-Dutton james.dutton at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 09:18:36 PDT 2013

Hi,

By way of example, I have the following instruction:
44 8b 80 c8 03 00 00                            movl    968(%rax), %r8d

1) How is this represented in MCInst?
2) Is there information in MCInst that would tell me which bytes of the
instruction are responsible for the 968?

The reason I am asking is that I want to work with the bytes
disassembled/decoded to an instruction at MCInst level. I then wish to
apply customized relocation records at the MCInst level.
My customized relocation records will consist of an byte offset followed by
an expression of what to replace the following X number of bytes with. Much
like a normal relocation record.
I need a way to map relocation byte offsets to the correct operand in
MCInst.
The main difference is generally relocation records are applied before
disassembly, and I wish to do it after disassembly.

Kind Regards

James