[LLVMdev] PrescheduleNodesWithMultipleUses() causing failure in PickNodeToScheduleBottomUp() ???

Robert Lytton robert at xmos.com
Wed Aug 21 03:02:10 PDT 2013

Here is a bit more data.
After PrescheduleNodesWithMultipleUses has been run, the following Predecessor/Successor links are 'dumpAll'ed.
(I attach the full dumpAll before & after "Prescheduling SU #7 next to PredSU #4 to guide scheduling in the presence of multiple uses")

SU(3)
  Predecessors:
   val SU(5): Latency=1
   ch  SU(7): Latency=1
   val SU(7): Latency=1

SU(7):
   ch  SU(3): Latency=1
   val SU(3): Latency=1
   val SU(5): Latency=1

It looks odd but seems to be fine as all nodes are capable of being scheduled viz:

    NumSuccsLeft after each schedule
sched   - 0 2 1 3 5 7 6 8 4
SU(0)   0
SU(1)   1 0
SU(2)   1 0
SU(3)   3 2 1 0
SU(4)   1           0
SU(5)   1       0
SU(6)   1         0
SU(7)   3       1 0
SU(8)   1           0

So, the problem comes back to trying to find the physical address of a 'CallResource' in the later part of PickNodeToScheduleBottomUp().

Robert