[LLVMdev] Memory optimizations for LLVM JIT

Kaylor, Andrew andrew.kaylor at intel.com
Tue Aug 20 10:20:48 PDT 2013

I actually would expect the LLVM JIT engine to generate the same code if you have everything prepped the same and use the same code generation options.  If you use MCJIT, in fact, it uses exactly the same code generation mechanism.

Have you tried using MCJIT?

Also, have you compared the IR being passed into the JIT to that being used in the clang and llc cases?  If the IR is the same, I would expect the generated code to be the same, unless there's some additional optimization that isn't being turned on in the JIT case.

-Andy