[LLVMdev] [brlcad-devel] Clang vs. gcc for building BRL-CAD

Tom Browder tom.browder at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 05:08:51 PDT 2013

On Sat, Aug 17, 2013 at 6:15 AM, Tom Browder <tom.browder at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 2:58 PM, Tom Browder <tom.browder at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>>  On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 2:55 PM, Tom Browder <tom.browder at gmail.com>wrote:

>> I'll see if I can try it with gcc 4.7 soon.
>>>

> I haven't been able to build gcc 4.7.3 yet (prereq ppl build problems--I
> think that's why I stopped building gcc some time ago), but I did have
> success with building gcc-4.8.1 (ppl no longer required).

Sorry for a bit of a false alarm: I forgot a BRL-CAD release build has
-Werror turned on, so I'm not yet sure if that affects clang or not
with the way I configured the CMake build (I merely changed the paths to
the C and C++ compilers)
.

 That has uncovered a slew of errors not caught with gcc 4.4.5 or

I should have said:

That has uncovered a slew of warnings not caught with gcc 4.4.5 or clang
3.3.

Best,

-Tom