[LLVMdev] [brlcad-devel] Clang vs. gcc for building BRL-CAD

Tom Browder tom.browder at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 04:15:47 PDT 2013

On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 2:58 PM, Tom Browder <tom.browder at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 2:55 PM, Tom Browder <tom.browder at gmail.com>wrote:

> I'll see if I can try it with gcc 4.7 soon.

I haven't been able to build gcc 4.7.3 yet (prereq ppl build problems--I
think that's why I stopped building gcc some time ago), but I did have
success with building gcc-4.8.1 (ppl no longer required).

That has uncovered a slew of errors not caught with gcc 4.4.5 or clang 3.3.
 Note that the clang trunk bug I reported has been fixed so it will be
interesting to see if clang picks up the same (or other errors).

I need to convert to a debug build so I can get through all the
errors--will attach a list when complete.

Best regards,

-Tom