[LLVMdev] How to eliminate duplicated load/store IR in LLVM?

Criswell, John T criswell at illinois.edu
Tue Aug 13 08:46:23 PDT 2013

Depending on the situation, you either want to use mem2reg or GVN.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 13, 2013, at 1:02 AM, "Li Bin" <richardustc at gmail.com<mailto:richardustc at gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi,
    We are writing a binary translator with LLVM. There are a lot of duplicated load/store IR instruction generated by our binary translator.
    Is there any kind of optimization pass which can eliminate those duplicated load/store instruction? We know that this kind of optimization can be harmful under some circumstances such as multi-threading, but it's safe in our model.

Bin LI,
State Key Laboratory of Computer Architecture,
Institute of Computing Technology of Chinese Academy of Sciences,
Address: NO.6 Kexueyuan South Road, Haidian District, Beijing, China
email: richardustc at gmail.com<mailto:richardustc at gmail.com>