[LLVMdev] Address space extension

Michele Scandale michele.scandale at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 03:03:35 PDT 2013

On 08/12/2013 12:44 AM, Michele Scandale wrote:
> The idea is to extend the BasicAliasAnalysis to use addrspace modifier + target
> information to decide aliasing based on physical address spaces and create a
> "MemorySpaceAliasAnalysis" for those case where source language level
> information may help, right?

I was looking to the AliasAnalysis infrastructure and TBAA implementation
details. The only metadata kind currently supported is the MD_tbaa, in fact
AliasAnalysis::Location has exactly one field for the TBAA tag.

I think that deciding the aliasing based on the address space should happen
before considering type informations, so the TBAA extension would not be a
general solution.

Actually how a new independent alias analysis based on metadata (like TBAA, so
attached to load/store & co. instructions) can be implemented?

Thanks.

-Michele