[LLVMdev] [global-isel] Simplifying the simplifier

Jakob Stoklund Olesen stoklund at 2pi.dk
Fri Aug 9 15:52:13 PDT 2013

On Aug 8, 2013, at 4:59 PM, Hal Finkel <hfinkel at anl.gov> wrote:

> What might be better is to put some abstract interface between instcombine and the IR, so that instcombine can be run on these pseudo-MIs as well as on IR.

I like the idea of sharing code between IR and MI passes through an abstract interface. I think that later stages in the IR pipeline also need an instruction optimizer instead of a canonicalizer.

An alternative approach would be to describe these transformations in a DSL instead of C++.

Thanks,
/jakob