[LLVMdev] Address space extension

Justin Holewinski justin.holewinski at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 16:36:28 PDT 2013

It's not clear to me how this would work for targets that use the same
physical address space for multiple language-specific address spaces.  If a
target maps both constant and global to address space 42 (for example), how
would the optimizer differentiate between these two?

On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 7:15 PM, Michele Scandale <michele.scandale at gmail.com
> wrote:

> On 08/08/2013 12:55 AM, Matt Arsenault wrote:
>
>> On 08/07/2013 03:52 PM, Michele Scandale wrote:
>>

>>> In the opencl specification is said that the four address spaces are
>>> disjoint, so my conclusion of non aliasing with the others.
>>>
>> In OpenCL 2.0, you can cast between the generic address space and
>> global/local/private, so there's also that to consider.
>>
>>  Thanks for correction. My reference was the opencl 1.2 specification.
>
> Considering the case of OpenCL 2.0 IMO we would have another address space
> that contains the private, the global and the local address spaces.
>

> -Michele

Thanks,

Justin Holewinski