[LLVMdev] test-suite strange output

John Criswell criswell at illinois.edu
Fri Aug 2 17:48:42 PDT 2013

On 8/2/13 6:03 PM, reed kotler wrote:
> Turns out that in my latest upgrade to Ubuntu 12.x, it reassigned
>
> /bin/sh -> /bin/dash and LLVM needs /bin/sh to be /bin/bash

I would think that using bash specific features in a /bin/sh shell
script is a bug.  I remembering ferreting these sorts of problems out in
the early days.

Does LLVM now consider it okay to assume that /bin/sh is bash, or is it
still a bug?  If it's a bug, I think you should file a bug report.

-- John T.