[LLVMdev] ConstantFoldBinaryFP and cross compilation

Krzysztof Parzyszek kparzysz at codeaurora.org
Tue Apr 30 07:59:47 PDT 2013

On 4/27/2013 6:17 PM, Chandler Carruth wrote:

> I think that long-term LLVM should, out of the box, support strictly
> correct (according to IEEE) floating point folding outside of fast-math,
> and should provide aggressive as hell folding inside of fast-math.

I agree with the idea of avoiding host's FP to emulate target's FP,
especially via direct calculations on float/double data types.  Having a
floating point "folder" (or in general, a model of target's FP) would be
very useful not only for ensuring the same behavior for all targets
using the same model, but also would allow support for targets that do
not conform to IEEE, or implement their own floating point model in
addition to IEEE (such as 390).

-Krzysztof

hosted by The Linux Foundation